7. How to contribute¶
We have just started! Our aim is to make the KHIVA library the reference library for time series analysis in the fastest fashion. To achieve this target we need your help!
All contributions, bug reports, bug fixes, documentation improvements, enhancements and ideas are welcome. If you want to add one or two interesting feature calculators, implement a new feature selection process or just fix 1-2 typos, your help is appreciated.
If you want to help, just create a pull request on our github page.
7.1.1. Branching model¶
Our branching model has two permanent branches, develop and master. We aim at using develop as the main branch, where all features are merged. In this sense, we use the master branch to push the release versions of the binding for the KHIVA library.
7.1.2. Contribution process¶
In order to contribute to the code base, we follow the next process:
1. The main branch is develop, every developer should pull the current status of the branch before stating to develop any new feature. git pull
2. Create a new branch with the following pattern “feature/[name_of_the_feature]” git checkout -b feature/example_feature
3. Develop the new feature on the the new branch. It includes testing and documentation. git commit -a -m “Bla, Bla, Bla”
4. Open a Pull Request to merge the feature branch in to develop. Currently, a pull request has to be reviewed at least by one person.
- Finally, delete the feature branch.
6. Move back to develop branch. git checkout develop
7. Pull the latest changes. git pull